Smith College Museum of Art
Museum Website and Content Management System
SCMA's website represents a complete reconsideration of how the Museum communicates with its many audiences. The overarching goal of the new website is to reveal and convey the Museum's mission, holdings, exhibitions, programs, and activities in a consistent voice, dynamic style, and accessible format.
The new website was built using an advanced content management system (CMS) that allows for ongoing updates and revisions by Museum staff. The system fully integrates Web 2.0 features, such as the new Cunningham Center blog, “paper + people,” and integration of “Online Community” sharing features such as Facebook and YouTube.
The new website showcases the Museum's permanent collection, emphasizing collection highlights and art acquisitions. Using the new CMS, web content focusing on events, exhibitions, and collection highlights is constantly generated, ensuring a steady stream of fresh information.
The new site is both stylistically and technologically integrated with the website of Smith College, demonstrating the Museum's close relationship with the College.
- CMS that allows for ongoing updates and revisions by Museum staff
- Expanded online Museum Shop, and streamlined secure transactions related to membership, donor support, and program registration
- Complete redesign and new IA
- Website content expansion by 40%
- Focus on showcasing the Museum's permanent collection
- Lead Strategists
- Cheri Cross / Tim Toffoli
- Lead Creative
- Tim Toffoli
- Tim Toffoli / Seth Gottlieb
- CMS/Technical Lead
- Seth Gottlieb
- Museum Lead
- Margi Caplan
Membership and Marketing Director